Last Monday, March 31st, Vince called me at work to tell me his mother fell while cleaning her carport. He was home with the baby, when a neighbor boy came over to say his mom was yelling for him. He rushed over and found her laying in the frozen water. Luckily, Eric could take care of Simon and Vince got an ambulance for his mom and found that she had broken her hip even though she was complaining about her knee. The dr. said it was her good hip and she'll need the other replaced in a few months too. It took until Thursday to get her blood regulated for surgery. We took the boys to see grandma before surgery and that was a mistake. Daniel kept bumping the bed and Simon wanted to get on the bed and there was NO room for more than 2 people.
After surgery, mom was delirious, and has made visiting with her quite entertaining. She was moved into a rehabilitation center on Sunday. Hopefully, her recovery will go smoothly.
On top of that, Eric has had spontaneous blisters on his knee and chest that his dr. wanted a specialist to see, so I took him to see the dermatologist on Tuesday. He's waiving his office fees to help Eric, since he has no insurance, but the pathology tests are going to be huge (about $500 or so). They are worried he might be diabetic, which can cause blisters, so then on Thursday morning, while Vince was at his mother's surgery, I was with Eric having a fasting blood draw. His sugar level was 122 - He says 126 is considered diabetic, so they want to do another fasting blood draw this week after laying off his candy and chocolate stash.
I got back to the office just in time to have my uncle Rick call me to say he was being admitted as we spoke to ICU for double pneumonia! So, we got a babysitter for the boys and went down to see Rick at one hospital and then to another hospital to see Vince's mom. We did the same thing Friday and Saturday, between conferences and then Rick was put in a normal hospital room and was released today.
Today, I took Eric back to see if they had his pathology reports, not yet, but his wounds look like they're healing with the anitbiotics and dermaskin bandages. No report yet, so we have to go back on Friday - so I'll have Vince do that and do the 2nd blood draw that morning too.
I have a headache, I broke out with a coldsore on my lip and in my mouth and I'm ready for a break - and that's why I didn't get any pictures taken this week.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, J!! What in the world is going on over there?? You're dealing with a lot. Wish we lived closer to help out in times like these. Hang in there. We send our love.
Post a Comment