Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All our Insurance Issues





Okay, we get home from our vacation, and I call the collision company to see what is going on with our van. They said the insurance company wants to total it out, but they have not yet done their appraisal of the damage and vehicle yet. So then I call the insurance company trying to figure out why they are doing nothing. Being Friday night, I can't call anyone else until Monday morning. . Monday morning, the car rental place calls to know where their van is and we explain that the insurance company still hasn't done anything and so we call the insurance company with a few complaints. They admitted that the ball was dropped someplace, but that they will get things moving.
We found a replacement van - more than what we need or wanted, but I say that if I'm going to have to have another car payment and I have fallen in love with leather seats and children, you end up getting a higher end car.
It is another Kia Sedona, because we liked our other Kia. It's a 2007 factory runner with less than 9300 miles on it and so has the 5-year/60,000 mile warranty, road side assistance and looks like new. The others we looked at with leather seats had few perks for just $1k less, so, hey why not? It has a DVD player, 6 disc CD player, cassette player, surround sound, sun roof, seat warmers, power seats and doors plus a compass-clock, mileage thing, and dual air climate controlers up front I missed from our Plymouth and weren't offered in the Kia. It also is longer than our old Kia which makes it easier for Eric to sit in the middle. I love the stow and go seats in the back and all it was lacking was the tow package - to be added on early next week.
I will say I grew up in a family where the car was a way to get from point A to point B without getting wet, and I always wondered why some people spent $$$ on the things to make the ride comfortable, (like my husband's family). Over the years, Vince has had me get used to the finer ride, and I am having a hard time turning back. So I will enjoy the new ride especially the long ones to California in May and Las Vegas, and other places in the west, whenever.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the new Kia. We really like ours, but it doesn't have ALL of those extras yours does. We plan on adding the DVD player before our big trip this summer, though. What a pain with the insurance ... hang in there!

Sylvia said...

The new van looks and sounds great! I hope everything goes smoother with the insurance company.

Where The Price is Right