
We had this trip planned since January, and since a break from my life seemed very important to me, we did not cancel, we just improvised. We rented a van which the other insurance says they'll pay for. It's a 2008 Nissan Quest. It has some nice features, and is very roomy, but it's not ours and I sure do miss the leather seats of our van. We stopped by my cousin Cassie's in St. George and saw her fast growing twins. Daniel and Simon had a ball tearing the place apart. We stayed the night at my sister's in Vegas and went to church with them. Yes, one of things I say alot to friends and even our son. You can go on Vacation, but you can't take a vacation from God. That's hard for some people to believe, that we still go to church when we're not at home.
Anyway, we took the two youngest niece and nephew with us (the other 2 went with us 7 1/2 years ago).
Today, we got to Disneyland after a excited night's sleep only to have Simon not happy for most the day - because he was strapped into the stroller for most of 12 hours and Daniel wanting to ride the 'scary' puky-throwup rides, that none of his cousins wanted to ride and a 5 year old who was ready to go home after the Dumbo ride and a 9 year-old who would rather go back to the hotel to swim and when we finally got back to the hotel, she wouldn't go swimming.
We were able to only get one autograph, even though, we saw lots of characters, maybe we'll do better tomorrow. I wanted to get all the kids Mickey Mouse ears with their names on them, and none of them wanted ears, oh well.
The only rides I wanted to go on, were It's a Small World, and it's down til Mid November and Finding Nemo Submarine ride. That had a long wait and the kids weren't sure about it, but then they loved it. All of us enjoyed the Buzz Lightyear ride/game - especially J. That's the only ride all asked to do again, but we didn't ride anything twice. We're trying to to get to as much as possible and all we did was Toon Town, the train, Fantasy land and Tomorrowland stuff. So we still 3/4 of Disneyland to see without even going over to California Adventure. We'll see what we get done tomorrow.
3 comments:
Very cute pictures. I hope you are having fun. I hope the kids are being good and they will enjoy things more. Hope to see more pictures soon.
Sure sounds like an adventure! My boys want to go to Disneyland so bad! We're hoping to go soon.
My kids are jeolous. CD says, "I bet they are old enough they can remember! I wish I could remember!"
Post a Comment