This morning, I took the baby to grandma's til our babysitter could pick him up and took Daniel off to school as usual. As I was driving out of the parking lot the van behind me kept honking. I could not figure out why, so I got out of queue to leave the school, rolled down my window and heard her yelling. "You're daughter left her book bag in your van" I looked totally confused and said - 'I don't have a daughter' which she replied, 'well, she's pointing at your van' Well, there had to be at least 6 vans in front of where I was and another 12 behind, so how she knew it was me she was pointing at I'll never know. Anyway, I had to work myself back into the queue and so was late for work. I only tell you this, because today was our quarterly health department staff meeting and I was asked to be there. I never go because they aren't that exciting nor informative, but I was told to go. They were just starting a presentation on addition, when someone in the back made them stop and said "JanEtta's here" to which Dr. Miner, stopped the presentation and had me go to the front of the room to receive my employee of the month certificate and a $25.00 gift card to the mall. They had read a little blurb about me prior to me getting to the meeting, and gave me a copy of that too - which is the following:
JanEtta Price has worked for Utah County for almost 21 years. She started in Vital Records but has worked in Environmental Health most of that time. She is a tremendous asset to this office and we miss her when she is not here.
JanEtta is responsible for making sure that the Environmental Health Division functions properly. She has expert knowledge on all the environmental health programs and understands the responsibility of our office. She is good at explaining to the public what our office does.
JanEtta also understands Utah County policies and Health Department policies very well. She is excellent with making sure that all new staff members receive proper orientation.
She understands how all of the computer programs in environmental health are "supposed" to work. Even when one of the many different programs doesn't function as it should, she manages to find a way to get the information stored in our computer data base. She usually can find a way around the many computer glitches that seem to exist.
JanEtta enjoys her job and the people that she works with. She is always willing to go out of her way to help others. The Environmental Health staff know that they can rely on JanEtta to help in any way that she can. Whenever there is a problem in the office with something not working correctly or the deposit doesn't balance, she can usually figure out how to resolve the issue.
JanEtta is married to Vincent Price, just like the former actor but without the Hollywood credentials. Vince and JanEtta have two adopted sons that keep them busy. JanEtta is active in her church. She loves scrapbooking, sewing, crafts, camping and traveling. Her top priority is her family.
It is with great pleasure that we present JanEtta Price as the employee of the month for Enviromental Health.
Anyway, the time I should have been on time to work, is the time someone thought I had a daughter. I really need to come up with a better excuse next time.
4 comments:
Congratulations!! That is a bummer you were late to work on such a great occassion. That is nice to be recoginized for all of your hard work. Enjoy the gift card on something for YOU.
Recognition is the BEST isn't it. I really need to see Simon sometime!! And I really think that children's sizing of clothes is TOTALLY off. Skyler has need in 6-9 month clothes since he was 4 1/2 months old :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congrats! Murphy's law that you'd be late the day you shouldn't be---at least you showed up! The write up is a keeper! I know you deserve it!
Way to go, JanEtta! Glad you got there in time.
Post a Comment