Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Early Easter!

The kids begged to color eggs - and I had to make them stop so we could start the hunt. I'm just glad it was warm enough to do this outside - 'cause it sure does get messy and wet!
Last Easter, Simon was new to our home and now look at him. His birthday is tomorrow - a once in a lifetime chance. I've never seen Easter this early and never will again. Hope he had fun.

We felt very lucky to have good weather with Easter being so early this year. My sister and dad came down with the kids and I had them help load and hide the Easter Eggs while Simon was sleeping. We had plenty of eggs and some were not found until way after the hunt. I'm afraid I'll find more as we do more spring cleaning this week.

Simon loved holding the eggs, but no idea he was supposed to be hunting for them. Daniel was very competitive this year, and had no desire to get his picture taken, so I had to sneak in one while he wasn't watching.

Tommie and Kora came without their mom -Simon's birthmom. She seems to have moved in with her drug contact and all we can guess is that she's on a high somewhere and so it's better she wasn't around this weekend.

After the hunt and coloring eggs we had our traditional Easter dinner and when everyone left tonight, my feet and back were sore!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear you had a great Easter celebration. Can't believe that Simon is a year old now! He's a cutie. Hope you had a chance to rest your back and feet. You're a good sport, JanEtta.

Sylvia said...

Sounds like your Easter egg hunt was a success as usual. My kids still talk about the fun time they had last year. Hope you are able to relax now and take it easy.

Where The Price is Right