battle with tongue cancer. They decided to have the funeral on Friday in Rigby, Idaho at 11:00 a.m., so we knew we'd have to get up really early to make it to the viewing and the funeral, or go up the night before. I did some research and found a B&B right in Rigby booked it for Thursday night. Vince was able to get Saturday off too, so I added an extra night. It was actually cheaper than the average hotel, so we were very happy to have a nice place to stay. They actually made our breakfast to order when we wanted. Vince had an omlet that couldn't be beat and I tried their oatmeal pancakes. We were both in heaven and then they kept trying to give us more. Vince's brother told us the best place in town for breakfast was Wendy's and we had to laugh out loud. Our room was the Shoshone room. The picture below was on the main wall behind the bed.
After the funeral and luncheon, we went back to our room and took a 4 hour nap! I didn't realize the funeral drained us so much. Any way, we then drove up to Rexburg and walked around the new temple. It is very beautiful and right next to a stake center. We had dinner with one of Vince's sisters and husband and then went back up to the temple to see it at night. We were amazed at all the detail you could see with the light on. It gave us a sense of eternal life and felt at peace with Kris' passing.
We had left the boys at my sister's so as to not be harried while at the funeral. They seemed to love it and not even miss us. I'm not sure if that was good or bad. Their cousin CE helped make a fort that took up the whole living room! We then went out to dinner with just the adults and didn't get back home until just after 11:00 p.m., but we felt rested and ready to start life again on Sunday morning.
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your niece. Vince's family has taken quite a few blows in the past year. Our prayers our with his family.
I am happy that you and Vince were able to have some alone time, but sad for the reason why. Sorry to hear that and give Vince my regards. Looks like the kids had fun though :)
Cassie
Post a Comment