Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sundays in our house

Daniel loves his little brother and loves to scare us with what he thinks he can do - but Simon seems to love playing with Daniel, so we try to keep them safe, but also let them have some fun along the way.
When Simon gets hungry, he goes to the frig and points to what he wants out of it, sometimes it's milk, or yogurt, other times it's bread or apple juice. Today, it was dill pickles. I think grandpa Jones will think this is great.

We have church at 9:00, so we get up, shower and get oatmeal ready for the boys while getting them dressed. We rush out the door at 8:50 and hope we have enough stuff in the diaper bag to keep the boys entertained thru sacrament meeting. Daniel has decided that he does not like white bread, so the sacrament has become interesting to say the least. Sunday school is like a game of tag with Simon, so today we opted not to attend, but to go into the nursery. They actually needed me to help out, so it was a win/win situation for all. He is SO ready to go to nursery, just 6 more weeks until he can be there officially.

After church, we try to get the boys fed and Simon down for a nap - then the hometeachers come and then Vince and I get to have dinner ourselves. Vince usually takes a nap with Simon and I then go downstairs to my solice and work on my scrapbooking. I usually just stay down 2 or 3 hours, but it is my only day off as a mom and I need it.

We get dinner for everyone and have some quality family time and then get everyone ready for bed.

This is the last week Daniel has before he starts 3rd grade. He seems excited to go back to school, but a little nervous too.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

That is funny that Simon loves dill pickles. He is getting soo big!! I can't believe Daniel can carry him on his shoulders.

Laundry said...

wow, i see simon every fast sunday, and yet he still gets so big, that you would think i haven't seen him in months! SHeesh!

and grandpa would be happy about the pickle thing.

Fife Fam said...

Dill pickles...hmmm!!! Kudos for even going to church with them. I swear we make it through the first block, and we are out of there. I think we might start an alternating thing so one of us gets to go each week. How fun, and good luck to Daniel!

Cassie

Where The Price is Right