Vince and Art worked on the east side of the yard first. They found a cement drain piece that was buried. That took awhile to dig out.
One thing about having your uncle working in your yard, he lets you help. He doesn't care how dirty you become.
Art working on the main box - for the electric timer.This week, I have been very busy at work trying to catch up with almost 2 weeks off. Then today at church we were told a good friend, Jane Jensen, has finally passed away after a long fight with bone cancer. Her funeral is Wednesday, but I do not have a babysitter for that day (she will be at the funeral too) and I have someone coming in from Kentucky to train me on our new computer data program that day - so I've won't be able to go to the funeral, and still have to find a babysitter.
I asked my brother-in-law if he could help us get a sprinkler system in the front yard. He said he could do it for $500 (including his labor costs). So I wrote him a check from my tax stimulus money and he has begun to help keep my front lawn green.
We are trying to figure out when we can get thru Vince's mom's stuff. I'm afraid it is going to take a long time. Family have already asked for her new appliances (which we don't need) but we will be getting her dining room table and chairs. I'm not sure where we will keep it, probably in the basement family room. It's wood with fold down ends and so doesn't take up a lot of room.
I go in tomorrow for a root canal on tooth #29. For years my dentist has been thinking it was #30 giving me issues, but it already had a root canal and so it didn't make sense. I went to a specialist last month and with his high technological testing (ice) he found the problem was the tooth in front. It will be nice to not have random shooting pain any more.
1 comment:
Wow, you guys are busy! It will be nice to have sprinklers for your lawn, AND eventually no tooth pain! T has to have 2 of his teeth capped. Uggh!
I tried to look up the obituary for Jane, but couldn't find it. Bishop Jensen was such a great influence for us -- gave us great council. I feel sad for their family.
Post a Comment