


Well, my uncle now is going to be getting skin grafts to fix his MRSA infected toe and will not be able to go on his long anticipated cruise to the Mexican Riviera with his sisters and brother in law. We have been trying to find someone to buy his ticket, which is a short list being that they were all sharing a room, and so whomever buys the ticket would have to be comfortable in staying in the same room as all my relatives. My sister, Na, would go in a heartbeat, but no $$, none of my cousins seem to be jumping at the chance either, so I told Vince about the trip and he thought it would be a blast. And he already has the next 2 weeks off from work! Only thing is - we let our passports lapse in August, so I have spent the last 3 days getting applications, pictures and figuring out how to expedite their renewal. In a round about way, we expressed the applications to my Aunt in Vegas, whose daughter is down for the weekend from San Francisco. She will be heading home Sunday and doesn't have classes Monday morning, so she will hand deliver the passports. We'll see what happens from there.
Now, Daniel had a dentist appointment on Thursday and found he has cavities, teeth to remove to give him room for his new teeth and needs sealants on his permanent teeth as well as a retainer. Because of his pain and texture issues, they need to put him under and do it all at once. The date scheduled is the 14th - after Vince will be on his cruise. I'm hoping I get a little help doing this - or I will need a cruise myself.
After the dentist appointment, Daniel had his showcase for gymnastics. He is doing really well on the vault and tumbling, balance beam is still difficult as is the uneven bars, but there definitely improvement from when he started 2 years ago.
It has been raining all day, so I made bread and have not really left the warmth of the house. I have enjoyed listening to conference and Vince took the boys to Home Depot to make fire trucks. At the end they actually got to sit in a real fire engine. Eric had me cut his hair and he has just been resting the whole day too.
2 comments:
wow.... a cruise lucky him.. haha good luck with daniel... haha
Hopefully you'll get the passport done in time. What an opportunity. You will probably need a cruise by the time Vince gets back!!
Post a Comment