Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just Another Week

With my brother and sister - in - law moving in next door,
They brought over their boat for storage and the boys just
loved the idea of a new place to play.

This was the first week I haven't heard from the school about Daniel's behavior, so I was getting excited that he is getting used to school and finally settling in to the swing of 3rd grade. But then he told me he wants to go back to 2nd grade with his old teacher and start all over again. I wish it was that easy.


We have all been sick off and all week and it just doesn't want to go away, but I think we're all starting to be on the mend.


I got a call from my uncle Rick on Thursday saying he was having toe surgery in just a few hours, so as soon as work was done, I rushed over to see him coming out of surgery. It seems he had celulitus on his right big toe joint and has had antibiotics flushed into him all week, but it just wasn't getting better, so they went to remove the infection and found that it was mersa and took alot of his skin and muscle out. He will have to have a few skin drafts and will not be going on his cruise next month either.


Friday night I took the boys and went to my dad's house to play with my sister. She thought as long as he was gone, we should party. And the way mothers party is to scrap and talk all night. I didn't get anything done Friday, but I got 6 layouts done on Saturday before packing up the kids and heading home at 11:00 p.m.

Vince stayed home and spent Saturday, his mom's birthday, with his siblings cleaning out the livingroom of his mom's house. He found an old drawing of him done at Disneyland and a body tracing done when he was 3. I think he enjoyed going thru family memories.

So needless to say, I was very tired this morning and after church, I took a 3 hour nap and woke up with a headache. Not good. Simon had his first official day in nursery and didn't even seem to notice I wasn't there, which was good for everyone involved.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow ... What a busy week for you guys. How awful to wake up from a 3 hour nap WITH a headache. Yuck.

So, you will continue to have family living on both sides of you, eh? Who's moving into Vince's parents' home?

Eric called to tell us @ Rick. Hope he's doing better.

Nadine said...

Thanks for playing with me!

Where The Price is Right