Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A day off for everyone

Being so early in the morning - I forgot the camera, but this is how Daniel looked about 11:00 - 3 hours after surgery. He's actually been quite sedate, and keeps trying to swallow without swallowing. I hope by tomorrow he's back to eating and not making gaggy noises.
You would never know Simon was sick. He was playing tag with Tipper all around the house. It's a good thing we have such a good natured dog.

Yesterday, the surgical center called me to say Daniel needed to be there by 5:00 a.m. so that he could get his teeth pulled and retainer made and fillings done. I don't even roll over at that time, so I knew this was not going to be an easy task for any of us.
Vince called in to work so he could stay home with Simon and Daniel and I made it in time for the first patient of the day appointment. He was not happy with me making him go, but he did a good job. (they even drew blood for CBC to check any adnormalities - to go along with all his psych testing we're doing right now)
He was finished just after 8:00 and we were home 4 hours after we left. I was exhausted and Daniel was still traumatized, but we got in about an hour nap.
Simon had pink eye on Sunday and I developed bronchitis, so we all are home on some sort of sick leave today - but why is it that moms never get the rest they need, even when they're sick?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you guys get well soon. Teeth pulled? Yikes, no fun. When will you have the blood test results for all of those tests you are running for Daniel?

Laundry said...

Teeth pulled? I remember getting my wisdom teeth pulled. The pain killers gave me such a headache that I quit taking them and slept great for the first time in ages! course it also felt like i was in a coma.. haha

Fife Fam said...

That doesn't sound like a fun time, I hope everybody gets up and at 'em soon! Good Luck!

Cassie

Where The Price is Right