Leaving Pleasant View and the lovely snow
A trusting DadFor FHE we did magic tricks - Daniel was so impressed. I even got Vince wondering some of my tricks. We let Daniel choose which one he wanted to do for Pack Meeting and practiced it a few times so he felt confident on the slight of hand.
Vince has been asking me to cut his hair for at least 3 weeks. I've done Eric's and mine, but timing was not right for my own husband. When I finally got to it after FHE last week, Daniel thought he needed to help. It's a good thing Vince likes his hair short and he's a trusting dad and a good sport.
Pack Meeting was Tuesday night and the Cub Master had to run her son to the emergency room, so I was in charge. It was Magician night and the boys had a blast showing off all their tricks. Several adults came up later to ask Daniel how he did his trick and he just shrugged his shoulders. Magicians never tell their secrets. The only thing is since I was his assistant, I didn't get any photos. Then he also received his Bobcat badge and he wouldn't let me get a photo of that either. He loves the camera, so I'm not sure why he was being so shy. Vince went and got Krispy Kreme donuts for refreshments and because of the snow it took almost an hour instead of the normal 1/2 hour time. I was just he showed up in time to watch Simon while I was conducting the meeting.
Thursday night we spent up at Costco. Daniel loves to go there and Sam's and get dinner, which Simon is loving the pizza bones and hotdog buns too, so I feel we'll be continuing that tradition.
Friday, Vince and I went to eat with Rick. There's a new Italian place just down the street - Gloria's. The family is from Pisa or Padua, I can't remember, but the place was hopping with Italian speakers and the food was quite good too. On the lines of La Dolce Vita, but closer to our house. Daniel had another sleepover at grandma's and so made for another quiet Friday night for us.
Saturday, I got things ready and kids over to grandma's and spent the entire day at the Crop 'Cause you Care fundraiser for epilepsy in Salt Lake with Nadine. I actually won 2 raffles which paid for my tickets and got 6 layouts done and felt it was a fun day to spend with my sister. Just wish my other sis and sis-in-law could be there with us. We used my cricut and printer and just had fun visiting and the time went way too fast for all of us. It was just nice to be in a room where the wind and snow wasn't even a concern until we packed up and left.
Sunday, after church, we went up to Pleasant View for dinner despite the weather and travel concerns. We didn't hit snow until Ogden and then during the 4 hours we were there it snowed at least another 6 inches. It was so beautiful, but then Vince was glad he didn't have to shovel any of it, except for off the car.
2 comments:
I wish I could have been scrapbooking with you too. Maybe someday that will happen again. Congrats to Daniel on the Bobcat. I can't believe he wouldn't let you take his picture.
Yeah, that scrapbooking sounded like fun. Glad you could enjoy the day. Vince, you are a brave man to let your young son cut your hair. Congrats to Daniel on earning his Bobcat.
Post a Comment