I felt like Hansel and Gretel trying to find my way homeI think when you get older and have kids, your idea of what Valentines should be. As a child, I had fun making a valentine's box and showing it off at school. Then to see what kind and how many cards you came home with was the best. If you got candy that was the icing on the cake. Then, as a teenager, you just hoped that some guy would show his "love" for you, but not in the embarrassing way of flowers at school - just a sweet card and a date with of course, a really good good-night kiss. Then in adulthood, you want the more show offy type of recognition. You want the flowers at work, a big diamond, whatever. Then as a parent of a school age child, you want them to plan what kind of cards to get/or make and they just want to make sure everyone gets candy - that's the most important. No valentine's box made at home, they're made at school so that everyone in your class has a similar one.
This year, Vince took me to eat at a Thai restaurant last night - to beat the crowds. The snow came in strong and so there were not a lot of people out. Some kids couldn't even get home from school because of buses being stuck in the snow. Daniel and Simon stayed at grandma's and when we came back, Daniel had made a candy heart trail to his stack of unsigned valentines. He doesn't like giving them - just getting them. But it was cute to see his trail.
Simon has been sick with an ear infection and me with bronchitis. I think we're both on the mend though. Eric fell outside on our deck coming in from playing with the dog and seemed to have damaged his knee. He can't handle any kind of pain, so if it's more than just a bruise, I'm afraid he won't do anything about it. The dr. gave him a brace to wear today and he checked on his toe and it is still infected, so we now have to get more aggressive in its treatment too.
We got a whole new Stake Presidency on Sunday at Stake Conference. President Hoehni (Hanie), Williams and another one I can't remember. It will be fun to get to know the new presidency and see what their emphasis will be.
3 comments:
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! I agree Valentines day is definately different then when we were growing up. The kids sure enjoy it though. I can't believe barefeet in the snow. It makes me cold just thinking about it. I hope you are all feeling better.
bare feet in the snow is cold.. but i hate wearing shoes.. i hate wearing socks.. so i go outside alot bare foot when it's just a simple chore like taking out the trash, getting the news paper, or getting the mail. cause shoes bug me. socks bug me even more.. it's crazy.
I cannot believe that Daniel could walk in the snow in BARE FEET! He IS like his mother!! Our Valentine's was low-key here, too. What's President Childs doing now that he's been released?
Post a Comment