Happy 50th Birthday Big Brother!
My Sick FamilyI know it's been over 10 days since I last wrote. It seems that I just can't get over my cold -turned broncitis. I went to the dr. on Friday to have my nose cartarized and he gave me an inhaler for my chronic broncitis. Vince has been coming down with something too and I told him I had no sympathy for him and so he couldn't be sick. Didn't work. Monday, being a holiday, Vince took us all to IHOP for breakfast and I ran into a former coworker who didn't know we had Simon. She was excited to see nice surpises still happen to people. Then we left Simon with grandma and took Daniel to see the Spiderwick Chronicles. A little too scary for Daniel, even with the PG rating.
Simon's babysitter called Tuesday saying she was sick with the flu. So I took the morning off until I could get grandma to watch him for me. Wednesday, also. Because of this, I spent more time than I should have over working on my new puzzle. It's a 1000 piece Eric Dowdle piece of a Mormon quilt - with 4 temples, Beehive and Lion House and a few other homes I don't recognize. Rows of conastoga wagons edge the puzzle making the edges impossible to piece together and then there are half a dozen pieces that fit 3 or 4 sides perfectly into several different spots making it nigh to impossible to know if you've got the right piece until the only piece left doesn't fit the remaining slot.
We've been planning a surprise 50th birthday party for Eric and with the weather being so messy, Sylvia didn't know until the last minute whether they were going to make it, but the weather stayed good long enough for them to drive up here Saturday. Gerald had meetings in Salt Lake and Dad and Nadine drove down and we all met at Red Lobster. Rick came too and I think we got Eric good. He had no clue everyone was going to be there. (It's a good thing he's deaf or he would have caught on a lot sooner) He was in tears and all choked up when he saw everyone. Dad was very nice and paid for everyone's meal. Eric got the premier meal -crablegs and lobster tail. It's a good thing they have steak and chicken choices too, or my siblings would have starved. We came home and let Eric blow out his candles and had cake and icecream and let the kids visit until it was late. Syl's kids spent the night in the living room, giving her a quite night. But as for my family, I was up sick all night and Dan had a fever of 102* and so we all stayed home from church. I will say that when Dan is sick, he sure is easier to deal with. All he has done, is lay on the bed or couch and watch t.v.
3 comments:
I'm sorry you guys are all sick. I sure hope we don't catch it. It's no fun to be sick!! Thanks for hosting Eric's party - Your cake was great as always! Happy Birthday, Eric. We love you!
I am sorry you are all sick! I hope Syl's family doesn't catch it all. Thanks for having us down. We had a great time. Na--
I am so so sorry
say hi to everyboddy for me --Chalisse
Glad that Gerald could make it to the surprise celebration for Eric. He had a nice time with y'all. Get better soon. You have my sympathy!! No fun.
Post a Comment