Daniel's girl mouse trapHappy Birthday to me. I can't believe I'm 48. I have no idea where the time has gone. I think of Daniel who thinks time goes too slowly - 8 more days til Christmas - that's too far away! Where I'm thinking - that's too close! We borrowed my mother-in-law's pre decorated 2 1/2 foot tree hoping that Simon won't bother it, but more to say a tree is up. I put a few lights outside, but Daniel thinks we need more - along the fences and in the windows. I don't think it's going to get done. I made a carrot cake for the traditional candles. I grew up having cherry pie - come to find out that several of my friends did the same thing. I here I thought I was bucking with tradition. Daniel helped me measure everything and even decorated the cake. He was so proud of himself. I hope he continues to like to help in the kitchen. Daniel thought I needed a lot of presents to unwrap, so he took our 14 stacking boxes and placed one of his games or toys in everyone. He thought he made my day to have so many gifts.
We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday night, they asked me to cook a roast, so afterwards, I used the juices and made a hearty stew. It was very filling and a quick meal for tonight. Daniel was a shepherd in the the Primary skit/songs and so I was glad to have a headcovering and crook for him to use. We took Simon's highchair and was I glad! He is getting quite mobile on all 4s and the size of the cultural hall was very inviting.
I got off all my Christmas cards and found I didn't have any stamps, so I went scrounging and came up with almost enough to mail them all. Not bad.
Vince finally bought Daniel a bed tonight. He went to D.I. and found a trundle frame for $7.00 and then bought a mattress. It's all he needs until Simon is old enough for a real bed, then we'll put the bunk bed back together and move the frame into the den.
Daniel found a mouse in the house and so we have traps and bait set out everywhere Simon can't get to. Hopefully It works. This weather and no cat sure brings the rodents in where it's warm. I sure miss Perdito. Daniel thought he would make a good mouse trap by making a girl mouse out of shaving cream and an orange. He was sure the mouse would try to make friends with the girl mouse and then the laundry basket would drop down over him. Talk about ingenious. And where did he get the idea that the mouse would be interested in a girl mouse?

1 comment:
Hope you had a great birthday!! I loved Daniel's girl mouse. Good luck catching the boy mouse.
Post a Comment