Sunday, December 2, 2007

Another Big Week for the Price Family

The Big Baptismal Day

First snowman of the season

On Thursday, Daniel turned the magic age of 8. It's hard to believe he is that old! He was so excited for his birthday and this is the 1st year he actually has asked for a party with his friends so how could I turn him down? We kept his actually birthday fairly low key - cake and one present from us. Grandma made up with a full cubscout uniform and a remote helicopter. I took cupcakes to school and his class mates yelled 'surprise' as we walked in the door. He was totally shocked. He had 10 of his neighborhood friends over for his party. I only had one organized game along with pizza and more cupcakes but they all kept busy playing with the parachute and airhockey downstairs. We actually had to send 2 kids home when Vince finished work so we could get ready for Daniel's baptism.

Nadine and my dad came down for the baptism as well as 3 of Na's kids. Daniel was higher than a kite and I prayed he'd calm down for the baptism. He did. He did very well and I was in tears that my baby is old enough to be baptised.

Along with all the partys and get to gethers, we had our first snow on Saturday. I love the snow and was so greatful for the needed moister. Daniel had to make a snowman. Since we didn't have coal or grapes for the eyes, he used old Halloween candy - tootsie rolls. Pretty smart I think.

Simon has learned to clap and dance. He 'sings' and bobs his head around and then claps. It is so cute. I just can't get him to do it on cue.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wish we could have been there for the baptism. Glad to hear that it went well. Hard to believe that he's 8! Time sure flies.

Sylvia said...

That's great that Daniel's baptism went well. We wish we could have been there. You have had a lot of big milestones these last couple of months. What are you going to do after the holidays and things die down?

Where The Price is Right