Sunday, December 9, 2007

Life at a Slower Pace

Daniel loves to shovel snow with his dad

The boys with Santa

After everything that has been going on in November, December should be a breeze - Ha ha. Monday, I spent taking Eric for some testing for Medicaid assessment. It was mostly drug and alcohol abuse, but some IQ stuff too. Then, I took the rest of the day off so I could spend it with my sister Na who came down so I didn't have to take off work. We went shopping at the the dollar store and then to lunch before I headed to my Chiropractor appointment.

Tuesday, at work, I went to the commission meeting to be recognized for 20 years of employment with the county. I have a hard time thinking I've been working that long after college. Daniel went to his first cubscout meeting. He seemed to enjoy it, but missed his 4:00 snack and so was a grouch the rest of the evening - even into gymnastics.

Wednesday, we took a trip to the mall to see Santa and spend my $80.00 gift from the commissioners and then home for Daniel to learn about the Faith in God Program. He seemed to think it was neat to have visitors for him, but the concept of goals was beyond him.

Thursday, was the County's annual appreciation dinner with entertainment, so the boys stayed with grandma and Vince and I enjoyed an evening out. The entertainment was a concert of local artists like Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band and Peter Brienholt and Sam Payne. We quite enjoyed them even if we didn't get home until almost 11:00 and still had to get the boys and put them to bed.

Friday, the weather turned bad, so instead of going up to my sister's to play, we took the boys to the other mall and got more pictures with Santa and let Daniel wear himself out at the play area and then home. Daniel was wondering which Santa was the real one after seeing one at each mall, Simon was just in awe of the beard.

Saturday, I spent my time being mom while Vince worked. I got some of everything done on my to do list, but didn't finish anything. I did bake banana bread and made Chicken noodle soup and watched the snow fall all day long. Daniel was glad when Vince got home so they could shovel the driveway and walk. Tipper loves the snow and so helped them as they were clearing a path.

No comments:

Where The Price is Right