I hated them when I was growing up, but Daniel loves it.
Do you like his hairstyle - compliments of Daniel
Well, we finally got a tree up. I borrowed my Mother-in-Law's 2-foot tree I gave her years ago. It fits on the corner table and I'm not worried about Simon toppling over a 6 foot tree. Less lights, ornaments and clean up. Daniel felt it needed a few more lights, ornaments and our colorful tree topper, so it will not win any awards for decorating, but it definitely is OUR tree.
We got a long-awaited check from our insurance company and went as a family to get our presents. Daniel had a ball. He just thought we should be able to buy the whole store. We took an evening and Daniel and I wrapped all the gifts and put them next to the tree. We found the box with our stockings and put up a few of our many nativities and feel that we now look like Christmas.
Tuesday night was Pack Meeting and Daniel was so excited to go, but decided the meeting isn't where he wanted to be. So, when it was time to induct him into the Pack, he and Simon were nowhere to be found. I suggested to Vince to check the Nursery - and there they were totally oblivious to our irritated search. We threatened him with his life and not going to Scouts again and I hope he got the message. Luckily, the Pack understands his inattentiveness and worked around our search. Daniel got his book and immediately started finding projects he wants to do NOW, we'll see what we can do during the holiday week.
School ended early on Wednesday and Grandma kept Daniel until we got home from work. And the rest of the week he went to the sitters with Simon.
Saturday, Daniel slept in and was calm most of the day - surpise. I took advantage of it and did housecleaning and taking care of Simon. I got turkey soup made and then grandma took Daniel for some more shopping and when Vince got home, he and Eric finished up their shopping. Earlier I had bought Eric some new dress clothes and he got some t-shirts and such to wear for every day. I finally had my birthday dinner of crab legs. They were huge! I can't believe I actually got my fill.


1 comment:
The matching outfits are very nice. As long as they like it I think it's great! I'm glad you finally got your tree up and your presents bought. With only two more days you can now relax and enjoy the holiday.
Post a Comment