Monday, May 25, 2009

Sure - I have all the Time in the World

There are times I wonder how anybody gets anything done or has a life that is not just picking up after other people or running around being a chauffer to kids and spouses.
Monday, we spent FHE getting Daniel's surfboard ready for the dance festival next week - but it had to be at school on Tuesday. Tuesday, was Simon's in-home speech time. I cannot find my schedule book anywhere, so I couldn't remember what time it was, but usually, when we do it on Monday's it's at 11:00 - so that's what I assumed, only to be called back home and to pick up Simon at the sitters to be ready at 9:00!

hair and skin wise - he fits right in with the majority of his class doesn't he?

Thursday, Daniel's resource class went to the local Walter Wick exhibition and he begged his teacher for me to go with them - so I took time off. Vince actually had this week as his vacation week, so he was able to take things fairly care free. He came with us to the museum. It was interesting to see the props that he actually used for all those I Spy books. -
Then that night was the Stake Cub Scout Olympics - Why we were having them in May and before we could even have our pack olympics, I'll never know, but that kept the boys busy all night.
Friday - the Comprehensive Clinic finally called me to say they had everything scored and graded regarding Daniel's testing. Nine months of waiting and it's still not over with. They have diagnosed him with a form of mild autism, which deesn't surprise us - but they can't get with me to show their suggested treatment plan until June 8th. Ten days after school is out. Talk about frustrating. They suggest that he take summer school (which he is) and continue to stay in a small confined classroom - which is contrary to what the school would like to do - but since I won't be meeting with them on that until school starts up in August - I hope I'm able to get the help I think he'll need.
Friday night, was our ward's Father-son campout. Vince said he didn't want to take Simon - thought he'd be too young and at the last minute - he took them both - which left me a lone woman for 12 hours. I was going to clean house and scrapbook or watch movies or something I never get to do. Instead, I helped a counselor in the Relief Society organize pictures for a photo directory of all the women in our ward. We did grab a bite to eat and chat a while, but so much for me being selfish.


Saturday - the boys got home and we cleaned up a bit in the rain and had my aunts and uncle over for a Memorial Day BBQ - yes - in the rain. But it was fun for all. Our picnic umbrella kept us dry for the most part and we used the underside of our chairs to keep the buns and condiments dry. Later, we went to my mom's grave and put out some flowers and stopped by the farm to let the boys explore before heading home.
Today, we went to our church meetings and Vince went hometeaching and then we drove down to Fairview - in the rain - to put flowers on the Price family graves. It was just a fast trip up and back since it was still raining and quite windy and cold.

2 comments:

Laundry said...

I miss Grandma... I'm jealous that you got to go visit her grave. I haven't done that in so long... :( poor grandma is probably wondering WHY!!! haha. Grandma... s

Stephanie said...

Wow! What a packed week!

Where The Price is Right