

Yeah, most people have a get-away and leave their kids, but not us. We planned way back in February to take advantage of KOA's 2 for 1 weekend and use one of their cabins. I searched high and low for one in Utah and the only one within a 4 hour drive was Bear Lake, so I quickly booked it and have been waiting all this time to be able to go. And we got to use our new van to boot.
We loaded up the car sort of hap hazzardly, including the dog on Friday after many errands. We got our tax stimulus and we decided to put the boys part into their savings and I had some bills from our Disney trip I needed to pay and Vince had to get checks for his mom's bills and we already refinanced our loan for the van - lowering it by 1.16 % to 4.49%. I thought it was worth it. Then a trip to see grandma. She worried me a little by saying "If I'm not here when you get back, know that I love you" Hopefully, she's still there.
The traffice was terrible! It took us 3 hours to get to my sister's for an unplanned stop. (It usually only takes 1-1/2 hours) But the baby needed changing and everyone needed a little stretch before heading on. We got to the camp just before 10 - 2 hours longer than it should have been, but very grateful we had a cabin to just dump our stuff into and no pitching of a tent or unhitching of our trailer.
Daniel's seemed to love every part of this holiday. The cabin, the pancakes, the beach, cemetery, KOA grocery story and even riding his bike around the campground until he wore himself out.
Simon kept taking naps along the way in which we tried not to disturb him, but that didn't work well. Luckily, tonight they were both sound to sleep just after 9:00. Check out's at 11:00 and church is @ 9:00, so we'll see if we can get everything in the van before church, including the dog, or need to come back to finish up after Sacrament Meeting.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I really liked it up at Bear Lake. The picture at the cabin reminds me of our trip to South Dakota when we all stayed at the KOA there. That was a great trip!! Happy Mother's Day!! PS: A check's in the mail for Eric.
Post a Comment