

This week was a little tamer than last week, but I still kept busy with work and family. Tuesday night we had our annual Relief Society picnic at the Stake Center and to keep Vince from going crazy, I took Simon with me. Wednesday, I finished up my Visiting Teaching. One lady, Catherine Pigott was getting ready to send off her daughter to Dixie College in St. George and so was feeling sad, another, Kirstin Barnhill was counting the minutes til her #6 child would finally make his appearance and my final, Julee Sharik, is packing her house to move down the street, so I was able to help all 3 this month with one thing or another. Thursday, was Daniel's school's open house. He was so exicted to see his teachers. His math teacher is the same one who taught him in Summer School, so he loved that. His 2nd grade teacher, Miss Minchey, is starting her 3rd year. She seems to be full of energy and so will be a good match for Daniel. He is so wound up tonight thinking about school tomorrow, I hope he'll finally crash! Saturday, Simon's birth mother and siblings came to visit. After an hour, I had to let them leave. Simon was ready for a nap and they wouldn't leave him alone to do so. So after they left, we got in the car and went to Sam's club so he could take a little nap. That night was our annual Stake picnic, which for some reason or another Daniel did not want to go, so Vince went by himself and brought food back for me later. Today, our ward bishopric was reorganized. Bishop Ferrin has been there for almost 6 years, so he was anxious for the release. His 1st counselor was called as bishop and the 2nd counselor was called as 1st counselor and Glenn Smith was called as 2nd Counselor. He was the Young Men President, so there will be some changes there real soon. Next week is Stake Conference, so I'm not sure when they'll be making any of the other changes.
Work has been stressfull, because we have just hired 4 new employees that I've had to orientate and then they terminated another one that hasn't been there 4 months. Because of the termination, I guess someone contacted personnel about sexual harrassment charges and many of us have been called to tell them what we know (without really telling us what has been said or done) so everyone is feeling like we're walking on eggshells.
Vince's dad isn't doing too well either. Dorthella still thinks she can do everything by herself and hospice told to promise not to move him and I knew she couldn't keep that promise, so Saturday afternoon she called to see when Vince would be home. She had tried to put him to bed and she couldn't get him all the way on the bed, so she put his legs on her lap, so he wouldn't fall out and had been waiting a long time hoping Vince would magically come home early. I called my neighbor Karen and we over and both took a side and got him moved. He is so tiny and frail, but stiff, but we got him turned around safely and let him continue his afternoon nap. They have brought a hospital bed into the living room, but they are not using it yet.
1 comment:
Wow, what a week. I cannot believe that Catherine's daughter is old enough for college! I taught her in Jr. Primary!! This has been a hectic week for our family, too. I'm hoping that things settle a little more this week for the both of us! Sending our love ...
Post a Comment