



Late last night, as Daniel and I were watching a video, I noticed he had a red finger. I wasn't too worried about it because he's been playing with his red marker earlier and I just thought it was the residue from the ink, until I got closer and saw that it was swollen. He has had his share of insect bites that have turned him into a balloon, so I still wasn't that worried, but said I would take him into the doctors this morning. Vince headed off to work as usual just after 6:00 a.m. and Simon woke up soon afterwards. I took care of Simon's needs and then Eric came up to visit and I had him watch Simon while I showered and dressed. By 8:30, Daniel finally decided to wake up and so I looked at his hand. His swollen finger was now his hand and a huge red line was going up his arm! So much to say, I got Karen over to take Simon and Daniel and I made a mad rush to the doctors to confirm my diagnosis of phlebitis or blood poisoning. We're not really sure how or when, but since it's only been a week since we were up camping and swimming at the reservoir - he could have easily had a small open wound on his finger and ... The Dr. gave him a shot which took 3 nurses and me to hold him down to get the needle in his hip and then 10 minutes to calm him down long enough to get him home and to the drug store for a strong antibiotic for the next 10 days. The Dr. said it will get worse before it gets better and to keep him on the couch for the next few days. Ha! If he gets a fever I can't keep down with Tylenol, then it's to the emergency room and possibly an hospital stay with an IV which I don't think Daniel will handle very well at all - so we'll see how today goes and to think I was going to finally have time to clean out the trailer and get it ready for our ward campout coming up in the next couple weeks.
It was Monday when I took Daniel in to get his 2 baby teeth pulled. That was an experience too, but at least Vince was there to help hold him down too. And I wonder why Daniel doesn't like needles.
Simon has mastered turning over and over and over! The past week or so, he has rolled with some coaxing and help from the rods on his crib, but now, he has become a challange to change diapers without distracting him with something.
1 comment:
I can't believe Daniel's hand. I hope it heals quickly. That's great that Simon is rolling over. Fun, fun.
Post a Comment