This was Daniel and Simon's favorite family actitivy - They did not want to make the rotation or have lunch as long as the parachute was out.
This is the biggest Twister game I've ever seen! I think 50 people could have played and would have had a great time.
So Saturday our ward had planned a huge safety fair and invited everyone including the surrounding wards in our neighborhood. They had made it so there was something for everyone - including fingerprinting for all the kids. They just neglected to tell us that the Stake was having its annual Little Philmont Friday and Saturday at the same time!
I have this problem, I really don't like taking both my boys out to activities on my own. I'm afraid I'll lose #1 son and have to go searching for him, thus missing the activity and wishing I never went. So, I went to Little Philmont. There they had activities especially for the boys - Simon in nursery and Daniel in a rotation with 30 other kids Primary age. I was able to enjoy learning about the "other side" of scouting and then we had family games and lunch before going home. Yes, Daniel went off and I didn't know where he was for most the family game time, but there were other activities and I knew he hadn't gone far. When I finally found him to go home, his face was red and he was exhausted from having so much fun.
Simon wanted to join in, but he was just too small. He made his own fun in nursery though. I was told he took the doll buggy and gave all the other kids rides back and forth in the room. They couldn't believe how strong he was. No one questions why we call him Bam Bam.
I was told the safety fair was really nice, but no place for children to play and keep entertained. So I think I went to the right one - besides I still haven't figured out how they had a ward and a stake event at the same time and the ward wasn't told to change the date and/or time?
No comments:
Post a Comment