

Boy does the week go fast when you have lots to do! Simon has a bad cold and so hasn't been taking naps very well - unless Vince or I are holding him - so we either don't get things done or have a cranky baby. We have found that he definitely has a sweet tooth, unlike his older brother. I had him in his booster seat to keep him out of trouble while I was cleaning and when I turned around he had found a sucker and loving it. The dog soon took that sweet away and I then see him grabbing the Halloween bucket. Now this was not in arm's reach when I put him in the seat - so he is getting pretty sneaky.
Thursday, I had spaced off my Round Table meeting until Vince got home from Gymnastics with Daniel and then I took him with me. Santa was there and Daniel got all excited and was sure he was the real one until we went to our breakout session and Santa was there taking off his beard and coat! Daniel felt disappointed, but got over it real fast.
Daniel has his SEP and IEPs this week. Vince went to the one on Thursday and I on Friday. Daniel is reading at 4th grade level, just not comprehending it all. and is understanding everything else at grade level - yeah! He is taking 3 times as long to get his math done and doesn't expound on questions - just one word answers and so will continue with his special ed help too. But all in all - we are definitely seeing him catching up with his peers.
I took Friday off - no sitter - and took Daniel to school and Simon to grandma's and got my hair chopped off. Simon loves to pull it, and I was getting tired of it, so I'm enjoying the shortness again. Nadine brought Eric back home and we went out to lunch - Thai food and then off to Daniel's IEP. And because grandma already had Simon, Daniel went over to grandma's too and Vince took me out on a dinner date! Finding time to do things without kids is sometimes hard to do.
We had our annual Super Saturday yesterday which they only made it 2 hours long and I took an hour in the nursery. Luckily, one of my crafts had a wrong part, so no one was able to work on those and another friend helped me paint my plaques and so I spent my last hour eating and cutting out felt for my final product. I had actually been helping the committee cut out all the fur for foot pillows all week, and so I had fur flying everywhere in my house. Daniel found that his allergies were really bothered by the fur and so kept taking baths to keep it out of his eyes. When I got home from the church, I had Vince take Simon and I spent the rest of the day and evening sewing toenails onto my feet and sewing on their backs. I got two stuffed, but have more to go this week.
Grandma took Daniel on Saturday and spoiled him with a trip to Toys R Us and the movies. He came home with a toy metal detector, the Mouse Trap game, several dollar toys and me wondering why he needs to have gifts for his birthday or Christmas. This is all after she bought both the boys new pjs and Sunday clothes. I told her not to do this and she says it is between her and the boys and I can't get involved. Huh?
Our speakers in Sacrament meeting were the Boardman's. RJ and Debbie spoke about their 6 month
internship in the Alaskan Bush. They lived 3 hours from Ancorage in a village of 600 and had the
church meetings over the phone. Debbie was sick with pregnancy and no doctor, no family. They talked about depending solely on their own testimonies and not lean on anyone else's because there was no one and how that strengthened them all. Debbie talked about how she was told she would be able to get better and instead it was that her family came to her rescue and that she was able to endure the illness and loneliness. The way she spoke made my spirit cry and I had to let her know that she really touched me. It is interesting how someone else's trials can make you see that your trials are for the same reason, to prove your spirit and strengthen your faith and testimony.
No comments:
Post a Comment