Thursday, July 19, 2007

Children sure humble you.




This morning as I was trying to get the boys off to daycare and school, I told Daniel to please turn off the video he was watching. He did exactly as I asked - climbing the front of the entertainment center using the doors as steps to the top shelf instead of using the remote. As I do quite often, I started to yell at him to get down before he broke the doors off! He turned around as he jumped off and said "I thought we were a hap-py fam-i-ly? Why are you mad? I tried to explain that being happy is a long term thing - being angry is a - I just couldn't explain it to him. Then he procedes to help me get Simon in the car and I thank him. He said - we're happy again now aren't we? Let's give everyone a kiss and a hug and remember how happy we are to be a family.




With Daniel's ADHD and extreme sensitivity to certain textures, dental visits have not been a fun time to take off work. He did really well today. They only had to take 10 x-rays - he kept thinking they were shoving the film down his throat so kept trying to spit it out even with 2 people holding him down. They did get his teeth polished and even got a floride treatment. But he needs to have 2 teeth extracted to give room to his huge teeth coming in. They don't want to put sealant on his molars 'cause it would be too tramatic and braces would be too much for him they say. I sure like working with a dentist who understands special needs of certain kids. They might put a retainer on him next year, so we'll see how things go.




Simon is just being as cute as ever- his diaper blow outs from his high doses of antibiotics doesn't seem to even faze him. We seem to strip him and bathe him everytime he gets up from a nap or finishes a bottle or ... It's one way to make sure he gets attention.




Tomorrow is our ward's father -son outting. With Vince having to work on Saturday, he will just take Daniel up for an evening of fun and then come home to bed. With Simon's explosive diapers, I'll keep him home.

No comments:

Where The Price is Right