Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009





This year we went to Pleasant View and celebrated the birth of our Savior with my sister and her family. We started with a movie - "The Blind Side" I won't say Simon enjoyed the movie, but Daniel actually sat thru the whole thing. I was very impressed. The adults seemed to really enjoy the movie.
Then home to start making the soup. My sister made Thai and I, the traditional oyster stew, with a few variations - I found a recipe that adds more than milk and oysters. My dad and the others approve of the changes - so we're sticking with them.
After that was the 'talent show' of thumb wrestling, signing Silent Night, playing the piano and glockenspiel. Then a round of some caroling to finish up with Dad reading the Nativity from Luke 2. My niece commented that the story was shorter than she remembered. (She was anxious to unwrap gifts) By 10:30, we were amid ripped packages and full stomaches as we got ready to make the long trip home so Santa could find us home.

No comments:

Where The Price is Right